‘Your dog’s trusted friend’
Terms and Conditions – August 2015 – General
- All clients will be deemed to have accepted Derwent Dog Walkers’ terms and conditions (as detailed here) on signature of the personal details form and contract.
- Derwent Dog Walkers will carry out a consultation with the client in the first instance. Confirmation of any booking will not be deemed to have been made until the personal details form, with full details of client requirements, and the contract, have been signed by the client.
- Full payment for services (agreed either at time of booking or subsequently) is to be made within 7 days of receipt of invoice or by the date specified on the invoice via cash, cheque or bank transfer. If payment is not made within this time 10% of the total bill will be added for each week that payment is overdue.
- The client must provide all items necessary for pets to be adequately cared for in the client’s absence. (i.e., food, medication, leads, tags, collars, cat litter etc). Should any additional supplies be required whilst in the care of Derwent Dog Walkers these will be purchased and added to the bill. Derwent Dog Walkers will ensure it also has a supply of such items to be used in an emergency.
- Arrangements will be made with regards to key holding in advance of starting the service. If it is necessary for keys to be picked up or dropped off in order to complete an assignment, charges will be applied for each trip based on the time taken and the hourly rate.
- The client must provide Derwent Dog Walkers with the name and contact number of someone capable of making a decision relating to the pet(s) in an emergency. If it is not possible to reach the named contact, Derwent Dog Walkers reserves the right to consult with a veterinary surgeon and then make a decision which is in the best interests of the animal.
- The client is responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred, whilst pets are in the care of Derwent Dog Walkers.
- Derwent Dog Walkers must be alerted to any behavioural problems with the clients’ pets at the time of booking. Failure to do so may result in additional charges or cancellation of any future contract.
- Although Derwent Dog Walkers holds Public Liability insurance, wherever possible pets should be insured by the client. Derwent Dog Walkers reserves the right to refuse a booking for any animal which is not insured.
- Derwent Dog Walkers will care for your animal in the best way possible. Whilst we will make every effort to ensure your pet is well looked after in your absence, Derwent Dog Walkers cannot be held liable for any loss, injury or death to a pet either inside or outside of the home whilst in our care.
Terms and Conditions – Dog Walking
- Cancellations – for cancellations of walks for a period of 1 week or more, 2 weeks’ notice is required. For cancellations of 1 or 2 days walks, a week’s notice is required. If the required notice is not given charges will be applied in full for the cancelled period.
- All dogs being exercised must be fully vaccinated and on a regular flea and worm control regime.
- All dogs being walked will undergo a trial period to ensure that they are adequately trained and socialised.
- In the event that there is a problem with a dog, Derwent Dog Walkers will discuss the matter with the client and consider alternative arrangements if possible. However, Derwent Dog Walkers reserves the right to cancel the contract at any time & with immediate effect if the dog does not respond well to the walker and/or other dogs.
- All dogs will be exercised on a lead unless prior agreement has been reached with Derwent Dog Walkers and the personal details form and contract has been signed by both the client and Derwent Dog Walkers.
- The walker will apply personal judgment and cut short a walk if necessary because of extreme weather conditions (ie, heat, thunder storms) for the safety of both the dogs and the walker.
Terms and Conditions – House Visits
- Any cancellations must be made more than 48 hrs in advance or the full rate will be charged.
- The client must detail the steps that Derwent Dog Walkers must take when entering and leaving the house to ensure security is maintained and the safety of your pet.
- Derwent Dog Walkers will make adequate steps to ensure your home is safe and secure in your absence, however Derwent Dog Walkers cannot be held responsible for any burglaries or accidents caused by your pet(s).
- The client must provide all items necessary for your pet to be adequately cared for in the client’s absence.
Terms and Conditions – Dog Sitting
- To secure your booking we require a 50% non-refundable deposit. Should the dog’s stay be cancelled less than 7 days prior to admission, full payment will be due.
- Derwent Dog Walkers takes great pride in the care of any animal in their charge, however, they cannot be held responsible for any loss, accident, injury or death caused to any animal whilst in their care.
Terms and Conditions – Vet visits
- Derwent Dog Walkers will contact the client’s emergency contact if they feel the dog requires a consultation with a vet. Arrangements will be made regarding who should attend and how payment will be made.
- If the emergency contact is not available Derwent Dog Walkers reserves the right to consult with a veterinary surgeon and then make a decision which is in the best interests of the animal. Any charges incurred will be passed to the client following the appointment.
- Derwent Dog Walkers will take the client’s dog to the veterinary surgery as part of a planned activity. In such situations, any cancellations must be made more than 48 hours in advance or the full rate will be charged.
- In such planned situations, clients must notify the veterinary surgery that Derwent Dog Walkers will be attending the appointment on their behalf and ensure that arrangements for payment have been made with either Derwent Dog Walkers or the surgery.
- Any owner wishing to accompany Derwent Dog Walkers whilst an animal is being transported accepts that they do so at their own risk and that Derwent Dog Walkers does not accept any liability for any accident, injury or delay incurred during transportation.